Prev: Re: GZG Players Club now online!!! Next: Re: GZG List Code proposal.

GZG List Code proposal.

From: Andrew Martin <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:31:37 +1200
Subject: GZG List Code proposal.

I've noticed that some people seem to be aggravated when esoteric GZG
subjects come up on the mailing list. So why don't we have a code for
the E-Mail subject lines? That way, a quick press of the delete key and
the irritating, to you, e-mail is gone for good.
    How about: "GZG" first of all? So, if you're on multiple mailing
lists you can easily sort out which messages are from which mailing
list.
    If the e-mail is about a specific game system, then "DSII" or "DS2"
for Dirtside II, "SG2" or "SGII" for Stargrunt II, "XT" for eXtra Thrust
(FTIII?), "EFSB" or "B5" for Earth Force Source Book or Babylon 5 and
similar.
    If the e-mail is about future history, we could use Political or
Organisations or History or Events or just Future History as the case
may be.
    Meta questions about, say, the mailing list could be: "List". Much
like my own subject line.
    Silly subjects, like Wombles, can have the code: "Off Topic -
Wombles." or similar.
    Adverts for sites, club, locations, URL, and similar would be:
"Advert".

    After these codes would come the description of what the message is
about.

I welcome comments and suggestions. Here's a water bucket for those hot
flames! Splash!

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
FUDGE Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: GZG Players Club now online!!! Next: Re: GZG List Code proposal.