Prev: RE: GZG Players Club now online!!! Next: GZG List Code proposal.

Re: GZG Players Club now online!!!

From: Andrew Martin <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:46:38 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG Players Club now online!!!

Tim Jones wrote:

> This sounds identical to the FT Forum - Chat & BBS
> I set the FT Forum up to discuss and collate FT FAQ's
> primarily but decided to make it open to all sorts of
> FT (only) discussion.
> Its unlikely that two such sites are required or
> will generate enough traffic to warrant their continued
> existence in their current form.

 I think, (and it's my own opinion and I don't want to annoy anyone!)
that FAQ's tend to get asked and sometimes answered on the mailing list.
As it is very hard for new comers to find out where things are, the
mailing list is the best place to ask questions. Then the person who
responds and answers the questions can gently point out where the FAQ's
are, perhaps in their signature e-mail lines. Something like I'm doing.
    I agree that two sites seem somewhat excessive and will lead to a
dilution of effort, particularly as we are not in a free market e-mail
system (user pays e-mail).

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
FUDGE Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: RE: GZG Players Club now online!!! Next: GZG List Code proposal.