Prev: Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4 Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

Re: Printed works of future combat

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:41:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Printed works of future combat

You wrote:

>_Tank Sargent_ by Ralph Zumbro. The only first-person account of armor
>actions in Vietnam that I've been able to find. Reminds me a bit of
>Hammer's Slammers, but that's not surprising, as I believe Drake was
>attached to a unit similar to this one.

He was an interrogator/interpreter for a squadron of the 11th ACR
during 1970.  When he got back, he found himself writing Vietnam
stories that didn't sell.  So he put it in a rayguns and rockets
setting, and found that it sold much better.  The only one that's not
even loosly Vietnam based is, of course, Counting the Cost, which is
based on the Nika riots in Constantinople during the reign of Justinian
the Great.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4 Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations