Prev: Re: No longer ... Next: Re: Printed works of future combat

Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:14:49 +0100
Subject: Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4

At 12:39 13/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Don't get me wrong, I'm not suffering munchkinism. But I find the
>move-fire system simpler, but NOT more elegant because of the
>tactical constraints it forces upon you.
>
>Tom.

	The solution to the move and fire problem may be something like
my group
uses for Napoleonic Naval (ok Nelsonian for the Brits). A ship can only
fire once per turn but may fire during movement or after all movement. A
moving ship can fire at any point in its move, at any time fire at a
moving
ship or hold fire until the regular fire phase. Ships that have fired
are
marked with a counter. With FT you use this with each side alternating
move a single ship (my perferred choice) or alternate fleets. This is ok
with relatively small fleets but we've never tried it with more than 4
ships a side (or single ships and 10 players). Just a thought.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.a

Prev: Re: No longer ... Next: Re: Printed works of future combat