Prev: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:31:58 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

You wrote:

>It is rather satisfying to smash up or capture enemy supplies.

Yeah--so much so that I have to impose a break-off limit for the
attacking force (50% of points and they go home) AND define victory be
comparing percentage of cargo destroyed and percentage of raiders,
under the premise that fragging a battleship is likely to be worth more
than a couple light freighter-loads of whatever's in the convoy.

>As to the FT universe I would have presumed a lot of trade takes place
but >between larger colony worlds mainly.  Until they built up a
reasonable >manufacturing base on new colonies I doubt it would be
worthwhile to make >the trip out to these new worlds for most traders.

Well, trade per se, you'r right.  However newly established colonies
will see immigration (how many colonists can we stuff in a heavy
freighter?  I dunno, but we've reinvented steerage [Leonardo daCaprio
not included]), colonial sponsor's supply runs (which in my background
includes pre-fab industrial facilities--there's a nasty war going on
and the Empire needs all the help it can get), and other reasons to go
there.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Lazy Man's Cammo Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo