Prev: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea Next: RE: Star Wars Figures

RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:29:37 +0100
Subject: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea

[snip]>
>It is rather satisfying to smash up or capture enemy supplies.
Blockade
>running scenarios can be the most interesting in many ways.  Trying to
>break through the blockade with a small concentrated force while the
larger
>enemy fleet (most likely being spread out) tries to regroup to prevent
the
>supply run.
>
>As to the FT universe I would have presumed a lot of trade takes place
but
>between larger colony worlds mainly.  Until they built up a reasonable
>manufacturing base on new colonies I doubt it would be worthwhile to
make
>the trip out to these new worlds for most traders.
>
>This might depend on who actually owns the freight capacity in the FT
>universe.  Are there lots of  free traders large shipping lines or a
solid
>mix of both?  Or does it all rely on merchant navies?

Definitely a mix of them all. Commercial shipping lines large and small,
mainly on "safe" routes between core worlds and major colonies,
Government-operated Merchant Navies, and lots of small one- or two-ship
outfits and independants (probably on the marginal routes). Lots of
scope
for fun.... :)

".....In 2157 he was First Mate on the tramp starship MS Greasy Bastard,
hauling rubber goods and Things for the Weekend between Centaurus
Station
and New Rangoon....."
 (with apologies to Michael Palin)

Jon (GZG)