Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: TNE Aslan Minis

Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 19:29:17 EDT
Subject: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

In a message dated 98-07-05 18:02:47 EDT, cquin writes:

<< So they did finally scrap those things in the 82nd.	But what's the
 Americans using for an air-droppable tank nowadays? >>

As I remember, something called the (X)m-8 Armored Gun System is in late
tryouts or early production & delivery.  Basically a light tans, with 3
levels
of armor (lightest is airdroppable).  The gun is a 105 of some variety,
apparently with a pretty good anti-tank capability, and HE for it's main
mission.  Was supposed to have an autoloader, as the Amry finally went
someone with experience in autoloaders - the US Navy.  It's apparently a
takeoff of the high-speed autoloader from the 76.2mm gun used on most
USN
ships (which I think is a liscence-built Oto-Melara system...)

It looks pretty cool, but the armor is light, even with the add-on
packs, and
it's fast.  Not an MBT, but that's not it's job.  A pretty good light
tank.

Noah

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Next: Re: TNE Aslan Minis