Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Babylon 5

Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive)

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 18:53:49 EDT
Subject: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive)

In a message dated 98-07-04 16:16:52 EDT, John A. writes:

<< Dog Teams--scout, not anti-tank.  Someone was working on rules for
 these.  I know they're not done yet or I'd ha' seen 'em on the list,
 but how are they employed?  >>

I'm still working on those - I'll post the basic dog-&-handler rules
this
week, the Neo-dogs are going to take a little more work.  The basics:
Both dog
& handler constitute one element - i usually mount 'em both on a 1-inch
washer-base.  Tight, but looks good.  I use some of Ral Partha's stuff -
basic 'Dogs' pack I think with two of a Shepherd-type and 2 of a Pit
Bull
Terrier-type.  They are big, but look good next to an SG mini.	The
dog-&-handler stand is considered an independent figure, but is usually
employed as a member of a recon squad/team.  They are rarely combined in
unit with other dogs - not a discipline problem, but there's never
enough dogs
to go around,  at least historically.  A dog team essentially allows a
spotting attempts at really high levels, but limited to 'there's
something
there' or not.	A dog team cannot force a hidden unit to be deployed
on-table,
but can tell if a counter is a dummy, unit or other.  Neo-dogs will be
able to
tell handlers a lot more - they're pretty powerful.  The downside is
that they
are rather fragile, especially neos.  Dogs don't take well to wearing
armor
more extensive than, say, a vest, and are much more prone to heat
problems.
Though K-9 PA is an interesting (if terrifying) thought; a unit of
uplifted
Pit Bull Terriers, mind-linked to their power armor...ugh.  Not
something to
run into in the jungle.  But if I could find the minis...Jon, how about
it?

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: Re: Babylon 5