Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage & Star Wars Imperial Line of Battle Next: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

Robotech stuff (longish)

From: douglase@o...
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:57:59 -0500
Subject: Robotech stuff (longish)

I just found someone to play Full Thrust here at Osan AB, Korea.  I was
thinking of running a campaing and was trying to decide on the genre and
background that I wanted to use.  The old Robotech cartoon came to mind
and
I started to try to make all the adjustments for the game.  It fit
pretty
well actually.	Big numbers of ships battling it out in ship to ship
combat
with fighters, massive missile barrages, carriers, and mega-guns all
over
the place.  The only problem were the figthers.  I remember the fighter
type craft being used in a lot of different ways.

first there were the destroids.  These were more like battlemechs.  They
were used to protect the ship from fighter craft kind of like an
ablative
PDS.  If two ships got close enough they could even damage the ship.

Second you had the veritechs.  These were fighters that could turn into
battlemechs when the need arose.  They would fly to an opponents ship
avoiding/killing the opposing fighters than transform and land on the
hull.
 They would than either take out exterior mountings or try to gain entry
into the ship where they would reek all sorts of havoc.

The enemy had variants on these themes themselves.  Usually not
transformable though.

For game purposes I need to keep the flavor of these units but not make
it
to complicated in the process.	I looked at all the stuff done
previously
and tried to find something that fit well.  Here is my first draft.

Destroid-  Counts as a fighter group for all purposes except that they
stay
'on' the ship that launched them (they actually walk around on the hull
of
the ship).  This means they can dogfight fighters that attack their ship
and may fire on opposing ships within 6".  They should also probably
take
casualties as the ship does but I dont know how to work this yet.

Veritech-  Counts as fighters.	In battleoid mode(human type robot) they
have a move of only 6" but count as interceptors with aces in
dogfights(they were super manueverable in this mode).  they may also
'land'
on an enemy ship.  After doing this they may make needle beam attacks
instead of normal fighter damage.  They should also take damage if the
ship
they are on does same as above.

The ships-  these are the easy part.  The Macross1 is just a huge ship
with
a REALLY big gun and two attached ships(carrier+landing assault ship).
The
bad guys just show up in mass quantity with the occasional good ship
commanded by some goofy commander character.

This has gone on long enough.  Please let me know what you think.  I am
out
here in no-know-where-land with no one to tell me if what I am doing is
silly or not.

						Thanks for the help
						That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage & Star Wars Imperial Line of Battle Next: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules