Prev: Re: Crew for Space Stations Next: RE: Crew for Space Stations

Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 18:19:38 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

You wrote:

>Good point John, but do ADS and LADs have to be autocannons? Why not
HELs? >Then the range would be dependant on sensor quality. Superior
could be LOS >maybe?

Yup.  "An Area Defence System (ADS) is multi-role automatic gun system
with a very comprehensive Sensor suite that permits it to. . . "  It's
counted as a RFAC/2 when used against ground targets.  I'll propose the
following:

LADS (Laser Area Defense System)  6km (60 inch) range.	Only red chits
are valid for damage.  Trade off range for damage.

300/450/600 Basic/Enhanced/Superior

MADS (Missle etc)  50" range, all chits valid.	8 rounds carried.
Range and damage, but not something you'd want to shoot off at every
GMS in the area.

300/450/600 B/E/S

I'd also point out that vs. choppers in low mode, any normal
direct-fire weapon may be used as normal.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Crew for Space Stations Next: RE: Crew for Space Stations