Prev: Hangars Next: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

Re: Crew for Space Stations

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 14:29:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Crew for Space Stations

>Another reason for a high boarding factor for a repair
>station is that spacesuits with powered servomechanisms
>would be extremely useful in repairing hull damage or
>in general space construction.  Skill with operating
>powered spacesuits would be very important to Space
>Marines.

I like this idea. It keeps their zero-G proficiency up, and makes them
more
valuable on the station and whatever ship they may eventually crew.
However, I doubt they would ever get near as proficient as
"professional"
engineers.

[snipped rest of good arguement]

>In short, it is fairly easy to come up with justifications
>for a high Boarding factor for a repair base, if it suits
>your purposes.

Of course; we can justify anything - even our excessive lead habit ;-)

Schoon

Prev: Hangars Next: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal