Prev: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal Next: Re: Fleet Book Errata ?

Re: Crew for Space Stations

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 11:48:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Crew for Space Stations

> mehawk@internetcds.com (Michael Sandy) wrote:
[snip]
>>My interpretation of Power Armor is that they are, in effect,
>>construction equipment.  Power Armor should be able to dig a
>>man deep foxhole in a very short period of time in most soil
>>conditions.  It should be useful for creating field
>>fortifications on short notice as well.
>
>They may be construction equipment for military style fortifications,
>foxholes, etc., but I shink they might fare rather worse in rebuilding
>reactor station cracked in an earthquake. By rebuilding, I meant more
along
>the lines of constructing shelters for those who've lost their homes.

I think Michael's comment about using PA for disaster rescue was more
along
the lines of using it to dig/pull survivors out of rubble etc. - the
most
immediate need in, say, an earthquake situtation. We have all seen the
newsreels where the rescuers have to dig people out by hand, often at
considerable risk the the rescuers themselves - I'd think a few PA suits
would make the job much quicker, easier and safer. Sending in the
bulldozers would just kill all the survivors anyway.

>Schoon

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal Next: Re: Fleet Book Errata ?