Prev: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel) Next: Re: Crew for Space Stations

Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 03:54:30 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

You wrote:

>I think also that ADS and LAD systems need to expand their defensive
>umbrellas to 48" so that missile armed gunships stop smoking them from
>beyond their engagement envelope.

Well, for a 20mm autocannon, the ADS and LADs have a fairly generous
range already--3.6km is damn good for a system like that.  What I want
to see is multiple mode targeting for GMSs to knock down aircraft
(ADATS, anyone?) plus maybe specialized SAMs and directed enery AAA.

John

Prev: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel) Next: Re: Crew for Space Stations