Prev: RE: Mines, detection of Next: RE: Mines, detection of

First Battle with FB

From: "Geoffrey Stewart" <Geoffrey_Stewart@u...>
Date: 25 May 1998 13:11:26 +1000
Subject: First Battle with FB

Hello All

On SUnday I had a most enjoyable battle using the FB, ESU v NAC, each
side had a
SDN, BB 2 x Heavey Cruiser 2 x Escort Cruiser. We played on a 6' x 8'
table.

The game played much differnt to FT, the vectore movement system will
take some
time to master, I miscalulated early on and my cruisers were going so
fast it
took them several turns to get back into the battle, leaving my SDN to
get
hammered by the ESU fleet, with life support failing and on the last row
of
boxes, the Captain order the crew to abandon ship, and it drifted off
the
table...
Our fleets both flew past each other, then there was much frantic
manoeuvring to
get back into combat. After much fire, and a flurry of close range Pulse
Torps,
the ESU were finnaly all destroyed;  the NAC lost an SDN and an Escort
Cruiser,
the BB had only ONE hull box left, and was sevrely damaged, and the
other
cruisers were all badly damaged.

 How does it compare to standard FT?
Manouevre is harder and yet less predicatble, becuase of the ability to
change
face and roll there was no plughole effect of ships circling each other.
Pulse torpedoes are now a much more usefull weapon.
Ships survive a lot longer, the big ships are really tough, as they
should be.
The Core Systems rules work well, ans add spice to the game, and should
be used.
Class 4 batts are VERY usefull, the ability to outrange all other ships
is
signbificant.
The fighter rules work better as well, with fighters able to keep up
with ships.
Overall, a hugely enjoyable game, anyone who is still consdiering whther
to buy
the FBV should do so.

Peace and Love
Geoffrey

Prev: RE: Mines, detection of Next: RE: Mines, detection of