Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?)

From: Brad Holden <holden@t...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:51:10 -0500
Subject: Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?)

Someone earlier mentioned banning particle beam weapons, that and this
discussion of missles got me thinking of a piece of chrome for FT.

Anyone who has ever played High Guard is familar with the old radiation
damage table.  Radiation damage comes from high energy particles either
made from nuclear weapons or particle beams colliding with parts of a
ship and causing those parts to effectively glow with X-rays and Gamma
Rays.

My thinking is that you could, for an extra point cost say, purchased
enhanced weapons.  To simply simulate the effect of radiation, I was
thinking you could treat the weapon as normal but if a successful hit
is made you also get a free needle beam attack.  For beam weapons, I
would suggest only doing this at shortest range band.  The cost of
these weapons should be the cost of a needle beam and a A battery
combined somehow.  Also, only A batteries should be allowed to have
this enhanced ability (thus preventing someone buying 20 enhanced C
batteries for the free needle attack).

Just a thought....

cheers
brad

Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?