Prev: Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?) Next: FT Battle Scenerio

Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:54:35 EDT
Subject: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Jon writes:

>Are they going to redesign all the FT models with little launch
turrets,
>that's the question.

Well, I could never find any beam emitter-thingies - I presumed that
they were
all under armor/hull when not in use.

>From what I have heard, the movement rules change pretty radically in
EFSB/FB
- do they change for fighters and MT missiles, too?

As for particle beams vs. ships, the way I always played was that
standard
beam weapons were lasers, usually of very high power and wavelength
(HighUV up
to Xray.  Grasers were a bit much).  Particle beams were a beam system
with
identical damage performance, but each time a ship was hit, it took a
level-1
threshold check, with damage lasting only 1 turn.  They were very
interesting
in play.  I decided to restrict them to 1 arc, to represent the aiming
problems with long, static tubes.  It was a bit of Traveller-esque
gameplay
that was a lot of fun.

Prev: Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?) Next: FT Battle Scenerio