Prev: Re: FB XLS Design Sheet v0.2 Available Next: Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?)

Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:08:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

>You wrote:
>
>>In any sources, or our fevered imaginations, are missiles considered
>to be one >big weapon, or a volley of smaller ones?
>
>I generally think of Missles as one big one, in the revered tradition
>of. . . of. . . I dunno.  Just my imagination.  From what I gather from
>our Brit friends who have the book already (Grumble, grumble) there is
>a new weapon introduced there which is a bunch of smaller ones.
>
>John M. Atkinson

The only new weapon in the Fleet book is the Salvo Munition
Launcher/battery.  Its basically a missile launcher which fires out a
volley (up to 6 smaller missiles) instead of the big 'cruise' type
missiles
of MT.

Personally I still prefer the MT missiles, although I think I'm in the
minority there.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: FB XLS Design Sheet v0.2 Available Next: Radiation Effects (was Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?)