Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:15:26 -0700
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

>Bayonettes are perfectly good for opening up cans, grinding coffee
beans,
>slitting those numerous letters from home open. They also double as a
>serviceable screwdriver, steak knife and can whittle amazing toys out
of
>wood.	How much would you pay for all of that? But wait there's more!
>Affix a bayonette to your rifle and Charge! with your buddy, first one
>trip and accidentally stick it into his friend WINS!

[grin] pretty good.

For close in work, combat knives are much more useful than bayonettes
these
days - or one might say that the bayonette is better when not attached
the weapon. I agree with the previous posts about the dubious utility in
combat, but when you're out of bullets and other things that go bang in
the
night, a trusty knife is better than nothing.

Schoon

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device