Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: EFSB ships systems displays

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 21:27:42 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

You wrote:

>We found them to be perfectly useful In Haiti for Crowd control. A guy
will >recoil away from a rifle with a bayonet in that kind of situation
before he >recoils away from just the rifle.

IMHO, anyone who wargames a crowd control situation is off his rocker.
It's a loose-loose situation for all concerned.  The crowd gets fscked
up, and the military takes massive hits from the media and politicians.

>They're also good for good old fashion silent kill. Especially if one
doesn't >have the funds to afford a good combat knife in addition to a
bayonet, as >most third world soldiers can't.

I can afford a perfectly good knife on drill pay. . .

But you don't try to silent kill with something attached to a rifle.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: EFSB ships systems displays