Prev: Re: Crew Quality Rules (Full Grunt) Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 00:58:22 GMT
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

On Mon, 11 May 1998 20:24:14 -0400, Los <los@cris.com> wrote:

>We found them to be perfectly useful In Haiti for Crowd control. A guy
will
>recoil away from a rifle with a bayonet in that kind of situation
before he
>recoils away from just the rifle.

There is an ingrained fear factor that doesn't exist with guns. People
just
naturally fear blade weapons. Funny enough, I can watch people getting
shot in
movies and TV, but I get squeamish when I see someone cut their finger
open in
a movie or TV show. Something weird about knives, I guess.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Crew Quality Rules (Full Grunt) Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device