Prev: Re: Police Grav vans Next: RE: DS/SG Engineers

RE: Obstacles, Part 2

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:56:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

I've seen, in training videos, and heard from others that you can set
and blow both sides at once.  When I asked some advanced Pioneers about
doing one then the other they looked kinda strange at me ;-)

Maybe Americans are more cautious or maybe it's engineers as a whole.
Are you thinking of training doctrine for creating abatis that emphasis
safety?  Safety restrictions would be a lot less in war.

For a DS battle I was thinking along the lines of this:

Abatis is set up prior to game start (charges set but not blown).

Forget safe distance the Pioneers/Engineers could be sitting in a track
or in a trench either waiting for orders to detonate or for say the last
unit to pass through before detonating.  I like your roll idea.  Maybe a
failure would mean the unit would have to check charges on the next turn
and then attempt to detonate again on the following turn?