Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: Re: I LIVE!!!

Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:00:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Alternative SGII APCs etc

I've seen it, and am pretty certain it's a Dragon.

Also, there were at least two, and I think three different cars
available.
The turreted, a straight troop transport, and I think a command car. A
friend considered making an Evil Empire Squat land train from them, til
showed him I had some cheap Soviet tanks that some simple plastic card
and
simple bits would make ALMOST as good, and made MUCH more sense off RR
tracks.

Hmm... I could have left out the 'Evil Empire' part, since Squats no
longer
exist, and are just a figment of our imaginations...

The_Beast

agoodall@sympatico.ca (Allan Goodall) on 03/24/98 05:33:55 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

While we're on the topic of convertible vehicles for SG2, I saw what
looked like an excellent model for conversion. It was a German WW2
railroad car. Not just any car, though, it was armoured with what
looked like a Pzkw IV turret. Although perhaps a little narrow, this
thing just SCREAMS to be made into a grav tank. The main body looks
like they took a railroad car, widened it, and converted it into a
sloped, armoured box, then popped the turret on top.
I'm not sure of the manufacturer but I think it was one of the bigger
Japanese model companies. I can track down more information if anyone
is interested. It was in 1/32 (or, more likely, 1/35) scale and would
look good with over sized 25mm figures.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca
"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: RE: I LIVE!!! Next: Re: I LIVE!!!