Prev: Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support Next: Re: Painting Omegas for use

Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 01:55:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:10:23 +1000, Trevor Dow
<adspirit@pipeline.com.au> wrote:

>What ever happened to Leading Edge? They made 25mm models of the UD4
>Dropship and the M577 APC from Aliens. The APC was pretty good but I
>never saw the Dropship. Are they still available?

Leading Edge is in stasis. The company itself actually still exists,
but they don't sell or produce anything. Essentially, the principals
have kept the company alive on paper.

It will be very difficult to find any of the Aliens stuff. They closed
up shop before GenCon 95. At that point, a friend of the owner was
selling off LEG stuff. I picked up a bunch of Phoenix Command stuff at
that point. The following year he was back, and Chessex was also
dumping their LEG stuff. I picked up more of their figs especially for
Stargrunt. The Neemis Enterprises pack (5 troopers and 3 Power
Armoured guys) is a good match for GZG Stargrunt 2 figures.

These figures are now pretty hard to find. The Aliens stuff went first
and fast. The Terminator figures were popular, too. It's now pretty
hard to find the Living Steel figures. The Army of Darkness figures
are fairly common. If you can find any of this stuff--particularly the
Aliens figures--you'd be well advised to scoop it up. Even if you
don't need it, someone here would take it off your hands.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support Next: Re: Painting Omegas for use