Prev: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question

Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:06:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:58:50 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:

>As oppposed to just *another* set of ship building or mass combat
>rules. They've written striker, azhanti high lightning, snapshot,
>high gaurd, trillion credit squadron, fire fusion and steel (I and
>II), brilliant lances

Let's see, got it, got it, got it, got it, got it, got it (I), need it
(II), need it. I liked the older stuff better. I've noticed that the
rules seemed to have gotten more complex as time went on.

>, etc. etc. and they still haven't got a simple
>yet satisfying set of rules for spaceship combat (FT!!!!) or for
>ground combat (DS2 and SG2).

Agree!

>It's a pity we can't get Marc
>Miller and Jon T together.... problem is I'll bet that Marc thinks
>all the labourious agonizing errata-ridden rules for vehicle and ship
>construction and combat are just fantastic....

Maybe, but I hear that Imperium Games (Traveller 4) are teetering.
Marc seems to have given up on the old rules set, hence his licensing
Traveller to Steve Jackson as a GURPS background.

Mind you, it STILL cries out for an FT, DS2 and SG2 implementation.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players Next: Re: Stargrunt II Question