Prev: Re: B5 White Star Miniature Next: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:06:17 GMT
Subject: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

Thanks to everyone who replied! Tom summarizes what a few of you said:

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:40:29 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:

>It was rather powerless PA.
>Depends whether you want to stick to a flavour that represents their
>game mechanics or the supposed universe they claim to represent. In
>the former case, full cbt armour is appropriate. In the later case,
>PA is probably appropriate.

I've decided to approximate the game mechanics instead of the game
universe. Therefore I'll treat the marines as D10 armoured guys, not
PA.

I'll let the cat out of the bag a little bit. I've volunteered to run
a Stargrunt 2 scenario at GenCon, the tentative title being
"Operation: Chapter Approved." You've, uh, probably guessed the
universe by now... The game will have a small platoon of marines and a
squad of Squat engineers against an understrength company of Orks. The
Marines will be on the defensive. The facility they are defending is
made up of Kryomek buildings. The scenario is designed to give GW
groupies a feel for SG2. For that reason, it's probably a better idea
to be closer to GW's mechanics than to the background. GW cultists may
say they enjoy the background, but they'll be more peeved in a demo
game if the forces play out radically different on the game table.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'll post a battle report after
GenCon, along with the full scenario details.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: B5 White Star Miniature Next: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II