Prev: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature

Re: Stargrunt II Question

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:06:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II Question

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:14:31 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:

>Broken troops cut off that cannot withdraw.... hmmm. Seems like
>another check (leadership?) might need to be made. If you
>make it, they fight. If not, since they cannot withdraw, they
>surrender.

I like this idea.

Note that it makes troops in dugouts, bunkers and caves very difficult
to kill if they start a close assault with good morale. This isn't
without historical precedent. US Marines were rather hesitant to
charge into the caves on Okinawa in order to flush out dug in Japanese
troops. I'd use Tom's suggestion to keep things simple.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature