Prev: Re: DS2 Infantry Figures Next: RE: New B5 ships

Re: New B5 ships

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:30:45 -0600
Subject: Re: New B5 ships

BEST, David wrote:

> Friday I eagerly drove to my hobby store as he was unpacking his first
> shipment of B5 capital ships. I am now the proud owner of 3 Hyperions
> and 4 Vorchans.  Although I'm not an expert reviewer I thought I would
> share my feelings of the models with you.  First I must say that I
like
> them.  The Hyperion is about 3 inches long and the Vorchan is half
that
> but much wider and higher.  There is assembly required of course They
> are qood reproductions of the ships with only one obvious mistake.
The
> 3 thrust nozzles on the back of the Hyperion are wrong.  The model has
> the central nozzle located below the other two triangular fashion
> whereas the rear shot of the Hyperion going back out the jump gate in
> Voice in the Wilderness ll  clearly shows them all in-line.
>
> Nits to pick and things to watch for.  All four of my Vorchans had
> slightly pitted and malformed left side of the "nose" but it was minor
> and won't be noticed.  The Hyperion needs some work to attach it to
the
> stands.  They have a slight indentation in the metal for the stand
stem
> to go but you need to drill it out.  The problem is that point is
> located between the two pulse cannons on the lower section which is a
> narrow piece of metal.  The end result is after drilling it out the
> stand stem is held only by the metal of the ship fore and aft instead
of
> being encased in metal all the way around and you will have to
reinforce
> it.  I would rather they distorted the way they did the Vorchan
instead
> of leaving it like that. Also I had to do some cleaning of the holes
> they have for the thruster nozzles.  Another thing to watch is that
the
> nozzles are slightly squished so when attaching them make sure the
> narrower part is at the sides so you can squeeze them in.

	I don't know, I seem to remember that in Severed Dreams the
central
engine was lower than the other two.  As for squished nozzles, nobody is
perfect.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"It's something unpredictable,
	but in the end is right.
	I hope you have the time of your life."

			--Green Day
			Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: DS2 Infantry Figures Next: RE: New B5 ships