Prev: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: Re: Ortillery

RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:24:30 +1000
Subject: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

At the risk of running on to boredom (if anyone else is a SG player and
not interested in seeing more on this thread I'll continue as private
emails with Alex)

For the massed firepower, rolling average scores > for the 3d8, 3d10 and
3d12 we get( 3x4)=12 + (3x5)=15 + (3x6)=18 total of 45 divided by 8 = 5
potential cas plus a roll of better than 5 to avoid a third. similar
rolls for three individuals is 4+5+6=15 = 1 potenetial cas and a roll of
better than 7 to avoid a second. Therefore 3 potential cas plus 3
chances for three more.

However, without the massed firepower the attacker will only ever get
two squads firing (1 Platoon Commander - two actions - two fire combats)
therefore, using similar averaged die rolls, two combats would result in
2 cas plus rolls for 2 more potentials.

Owen G