Prev: Re: EFSB Next: RE: Valiant Miniatures?

Re: EFSB

From: "Scott B. Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:16:42 -0800
Subject: Re: EFSB

>At 20:51 1/20/98, Winchell Chung wrote:
>>I'm going to be playing a few games of EFSB along
>>side some games of B5 Wars, but just by reading
>>the rule books I'm already biased in favor of EFSB.
>
>For the sake of those of us not flush enough to buy both, could you
give a
>rundown of how B5 Wars works? I've yet to meet anyone who owns, let
alone
>plays it....

I have the game (if you can call it that). 1st let me state for the
record,
this is all a matter of my personal opinion. Rant mode on.

1) The EFSB is a supplement and yet it covers more ships then B5W.

2) If you like Star Fleet Battles, you will like the detail level in
B5W.
Other wise, a ships systems diagram for each fighter, is a little much.

3) The quality of the miniature leaves much to be desired. In addition
miniatures are coming to market at a snails pace. (This is not to say I
won't be using B5W minis with EFSB when I can actually get some.)

4) Turn sequence is very time consuming.

    All things considered, If you want to play a 2 or four ship combat,
it
is ok. For a fleet battle, forget it.

Scott Jaqua

Prev: Re: EFSB Next: RE: Valiant Miniatures?