Prev: Re: <offtopic>I-War</offtopic> Next: Re: Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Par

Re: Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Par

From: Mike.Elliott@B...
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:29:28 +0000
Subject: Re: Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Par

Sounds great!!

Only wish someone would buy me a plane ticket so I could come...

Seriously tho guys, please could you publish here on the list the
scenarios
after the event? It will at least give those of us who coouldn't be
there
a taste of how it went.

Cheers

Mike Elliott (GZG)

____________________________
_____
Subject: Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Part...
Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
Date:	 07/01/1998 15:54

Subject:
Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Partici
---------------------------------

*Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention

**Call For Participation
		  January 7th, 1998

We are in the planning phase of preparing a small game
convention on the East coast, USA.  We are actively
looking for Gamemasters to prepare scenarios and run
events featuring GZG or derivative rules, including Full
Thrust, Dirtside II, Stargrunt II, and Babylon 5 rules
from the Earth Force Sourcebook.

Ground Zero Games is a Trademark of Jon M. Tuffley.
The Babylon Project and the Earth Force Sourcebook are
published by Chameleon Eclectic.

Disclaimer: This event is not being run by Ground Zero Games.
	    The title of this event merely denotes that all
	    scheduled events at this convention will be using
	    a Ground Zero Games or Jon M. Tuffley rules set.

GZG-ECC Web Page:
	    http://members.aol.com/wolfemastr/convention.htm

Date:	    February 27th, 28th, and March 1st, 1998

Location:   Hotel Brunswick
	    Chestnut and Queen Streets
	    Lancaster, PA, 17608
	    http://www.hotelbrunswick.com

Slots:	    1:	Friday,   7 pm - 11 pm
	    2:	Saturday, 8 am - 12 noon
	    3:	Saturday, 1 pm - 5 pm
	    4:	Saturday, 7 pm - 11 pm
	    5:	Sunday,   9 am - 1 pm

Cost:	    $15 total for the weekend, no daily rate
	    A discount will be given for Gamemasters
	    No event fees
	    Hotel rooms are about $50 a night

Preregistration will be announced once we have enough events to
begin.	It is tentatively planned to begin on January 19th.

		 *** Special Event ***

A Full Thrust, 3rd Edition demo game will be scheduled.  Jon
Tuffley has given us permission to run a game with the current
playtest version of the FT3 rules. This game will be run on
Sunday morning by Mark 'Indy' Kochte.

Currently planned events:

Estrell Naval Academy Cruiser Duel
   4-12 player free-for-all.
   (http://www.albany.net/~davis/ft/ecd for game format)
   [Full Thrust] (4-12 players)
   Friday 7-11, (GM Jon Davis)

Vagabond Road
   After raiding a border town, a group of high tech bandits
   stumble onto a military caravan ripe for the taking, or
   maybe not...
   [Dirtside II] (3-6 players)
   Friday 7-11, (GM Gil Haun)

Naked Inside Your Fear
   A Centauri task force destroys a small base believed to be
   Narn - only to learn that there were no Narns, never WERE
   any Narns, and now someone else is really upset...
   [Full Thrust with EFSB additions] (4 players)
   Saturday 8-12, (GM Indy Kochte)

Rock This Town
   An NAC force must recapture a local town's radio station
   a broadcast a signal to their dropship.
   [Dirtside II] (4-6 players)
   Saturday 8-12, (GM Gil Haun)

The Empress' Revenge:  The Second Battle of Kroucalen
   Estrell Imperial Naval forces attempt a second invasion
   against the Draval Hegemony.
   Background: http://www.albany.net/~davis/ft/ea2
   [Full Thrust] (8 players)
   Saturday 1-5, (GM Jon Davis)

Miniatures Contest
   Full Thrust, Dirtside II, and Stargrunt II figures
   Saturday 1-5, (Gil Haun)

Hell's Kitchen
   The Earth-Minbari War, GROPOS-style.
   [Stargrunt II] (3-5 players)
   Saturday 7-11, (GM Indy Kochte)

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it..."
   Another bloody bath in the Terran-Entamolian War
   [Full Thrust, 3rd Edition preview]  (4-10 players)
   Sunday 9-1, (GM Indy Kochte)

Tentative events:

Crisis Among the Kra'Vak
   A Kra'Vak vs. Kra'Vak civil war conflict.  Competing
   factions battle for political supremacy.
   [Full Thrust] (8 players)

Age of Iridium scenario designed by Allan Goodall
   [Full Thrust]

GEO-Hex will be providing prizes and awards for the events.
Ground Zero Games will also be providing some 'special'
prizes.

We are reserving a single meeting room for the events.
Based on the size of the room, we should be able to
schedule four or five events per time slot, with space
available for open gaming.

Gamemasters:  Please contact Jon Davis at davis@albany.net
	      or (518) 356-3562 (home)
		 (518) 387-5487 (work)

	      Please provide a title, brief description
	      of the event, number of players, and any time
	      slot preference.

Organizers:  (Or "those up against the wall first...")

	      Jon Davis    [davis@albany.net]
	      Gil Haun	   [wolfemastr@aol.com]
	      Mark Kochte  [KOCHTE@stsci.edu]

Prev: Re: <offtopic>I-War</offtopic> Next: Re: Ground Zero Games - East Coast Convention - Call for Par