Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: RE: Lightweight Fighters

Re: Boarding action idea was Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adapt

From: Mike.Elliott@B...
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:37:17 +0000
Subject: Re: Boarding action idea was Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adapt

Hi all,

Here's some [unofficial] thoughts on modifications to SGII for boarding
actions:

STARGRUNT II FIBUA

The following rules modifications allow the STARGRUNT II system to be
used
for house-to-house type actions and combat aboard spaceships.

Turn Sequence

Players alternately activate an indvidual figure. Activation markers can
be
kept "off table" provided figures are individually identified in some
way
(e.g. a number on the base).

Playing Area

The playing area is gridded in squares. Each square should be big enough
place a single figure on it. Each square is equivalent to a distance of
1"
in the normal game.

Actions

Each figure has two actions per activation. Only designated leaders can
transfer actions to subordinates.

Firing

To hit:
Nominate target figure and measure range in squares. The range must not
be
measured diagonally, only counting squares up, down, left or right.
Target rolls Range Die (based on the range band for the Firer's weapon).
Firer rolls Quality Die + Firepower Die (For small arms, a weapon with a
FP
of 1, rolls a D4, an FP of 2 rolls a D6 and an FP of 3 rolls a D8).
A MINOR success hits a random figure (within line of sight and at the
same
range band)
A MAJOR success hits the targetted figure

To resolve hit:
Target rolls Armour Die
Firer rolls Impact Die
Results as in SGII.

Reaction

See SGII p.26.
Test as normal
If drop 1 CL then SUPPRESSED
If drop 2 CL then PANIC
Roll of 1 when removing PANIC = nerve failed

Close Combat
more or less as in SGII (further details later)

Cheers
Mike Elliott

____________________________
_____
Subject: Boarding action idea was Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adapta...
Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
Date:	 14/11/1997 7:30

Subject:
Boarding action idea was Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptatio
---------------------------------

<<  IMO the best 'terrain' for boarding actions was the EE Space
 Hulk templates (I you can get them chaep from the origional versions
then
 try them, however, I'd be surprised at anyone other than EE weenies
(who
 probably bought and play the the new version exclusively) who'd want to
 part with them. >>

Another boarding action idea is to use the Epic sized (6-8mm) figs on
the
Traveller half-inch gridded ship maps.	I've wanted to try doing this as
 double blind game.

Mike Messenger
wenmess@aol.com

Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: RE: Lightweight Fighters