Prev: Re: SV: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII Next: Re: house rules/offline

Re: house rules/offline

From: Jonathan Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:31:27 -0400
Subject: Re: house rules/offline

Todd Mason wrote:

> Ref house rules. Someone commented on the limited survivability of
small
> ships. We have the HR that ships with a thrust > 6 (ie 7 or 8) can
only be
> engaged with C beams, needle beams, submunitions and missiles. This
has two
> effects, it forces the bigger ships to spend some mass on the lighter
> weapons, and it allows the smaller craft an opportunity to close with
the
> enemy and get a few shots off before they are vapourised.
>
> Todd Mason

Does this apply to escorts or simply to all ships with Thrust of 7 and
8?

If you allow these ships to mount B and A batteries, they will be able
to engage enemy targets with impunity.	If you restricted escorts to B
batteries and also allowed B batteries to engage these ships, it would
raise the value of the underrated B battery.

Jon Davis
davis@albany.net

Prev: Re: SV: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII Next: Re: house rules/offline