Prev: Re: B5 Wars problems Next: Re: house rules/offline

Re: SV: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:41:23 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: SV: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I don't have SGII yet, so these comments all refer to DSII:

> attackers. For a picture of the casualty rates the primitives would
suffer,
> think WWI and multiply by a factor lots.

I think the Colonial era wars, e.g. Brits vs. Zulus and similar
highlights of western "civilization", are more representative.

> If, OTOH, they are used to
> fighting high-tech forces, they know that they need to disperse a LOT
and
> use guerilla tactics - ambushes in close terrain and similar; in this
case,
> the action is too small to fight out in DSII.

Note that some low tech forces, e.g. indians, already fight (fought)
this
way, because their vision of war is a series of guerilla raids. They'd
be
a lot better prepared to fight higher tech forces than e.g. Napoleon.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: B5 Wars problems Next: Re: house rules/offline