Prev: SFCONSIM-L is up and running!! Next: Re: Buck Rogers and FT

Re: DSII question: Artillery

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DSII question: Artillery

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:

> Hello,
>	I have a question for the effect of artillery in DSII.	In the
front of
> the manual it states that infantry is considered suppressed if
successfully
> engaged by direct fire weapons, armor is suppressed only if an element
is
> damaged or destroyed.  In the back under artillery it says that all
units
> are suppressed by artillery even if it is only harrassing fire (no
> munitions chit expended).  Is armor suppressed by artillery or only if
an
> armor unit is damaged or destoyed by the artillery?
>	Phil P.

Our group has infantry suppressed (getting 'under fire' markers) under
any
artillery fire at all, even harrassing fire. But the only time armor
gets
suppressed by artillery is if units are damaged/destroyed, just like
direct-fire weapons. So harrassing fire of armor units is useless, but
it
can pin down infantry units quite nicely.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: SFCONSIM-L is up and running!! Next: Re: Buck Rogers and FT