Prev: Re: Assult shuttles Next: Re: DSII question: Artillery

SFCONSIM-L is up and running!!

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@w...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:26:13 -0400
Subject: SFCONSIM-L is up and running!!

Apologies in advance for the multi-list post, but I think many people
here
will be interested, and since I am on all of these lists, I don't think
it is
particularly out of line.

Finally, after many trials and tribulations (involving multiple family
emergencies and temporary exile to Waco, Texas), SFCONSIM-L is finally
online.

1) So, what is SFCONSIM-L, you ask?

>From the Charter:
> SFCONSIM-L provides an unmoderated environment for discussion of
science
> fiction conflict simulation games, including board and miniatures
games from
> such publishers as GDW, SPI, and Metagaming, and games published in
> magazines such as Ares and The Space Gamer. The explicit purpose of
> SFCONSIM-L is to provide a platform for the discussion of published
games,
> but discussion can range over the general topics of conflict
simulation
> mechanics and design, military history, speculative fiction, physics
and
> the sciences, tactics and strategy, historical conflict simulations,
> role-playing game backgrounds, unpublished or Internet-published
games,
> game collecting, convention and club announcements, or any other topic

> potentially related to conflict simulation games in a science
fictional
> setting.

2) How does one subscribe to SFCONSIM-L?

There are two ways.  The more traditional is to send email to
   sfconsim-l-request@usra.edu
 and place in the body of the text the line
   SUBSCRIBE SFCONSIM-L <your email address>

Alternatively, you can also subscribe through the following URL:
[http://advicom.net/fitzbin/majordomo?errors=caw@wizard.net&to=sfconsim-
l-
request@usra.edu&list=sfconsim-l]

Remember that CR or LFs in a URL are verboten, so if you mailer doesn't
read
the entire URL, you will need to cut and paste it.

3) How can I see the full Charter and FAQ?

The latest version of the Charter and FAQ (as well as a link to the URL
above)
are available at http://www.wizard.net/~caw/sfconsiml.htm.

Questions/comments/concerns?  Let me know.

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]

mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)  vector movement for AoG's B5 game, and
more

Prev: Re: Assult shuttles Next: Re: DSII question: Artillery