Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!] Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic (was Re: Off topic Rugby thing.)

Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:43:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

At 09:05 PM 8/14/97 -0700, Tom Granvold wrote:
>   I might be interested, I can always use a few more ships :-)  Do you
>know roughly what these ships look like?  Do they have wings?	About
how
>long are they?  I don't care for spaceships with wings and would like
>them to fit sizewise with the ships I already have.

There will be pictures coming as soon as I get them developed. They are
fairly big. The human capital ships are cylinrical and about 3" long.
This
is the length of the largest FT ships, but these are much more massive.
They
come in one or two hull pieces (some later ones appear to be cast in two
pieces) and 8 engines. The cruisers are about 2" long and would work as
capital ships alongside FT vessels. They, too, are mostly cylindrical,
but
the front end is like a squashed diamond shape, and there are two
engines
pointing out the back. The escorts are cylindrical again, and are a bit
bigger than FT escorts. The boxed set also includes two scout ships,
which I
use as fighters.

The Sathar ships are a bit different. The capital ship is about 4 or 5"
long. It has a large central section that's essentially a large blob. A
boom
leads to a small, flat but round bridge section. A small cylinder
extends
out the back of the blob. From here, there are eight Star Trek like
engine
nacelles that are attached in pairs to engine pilons. The pilons form an
shape when looked at from the rear of the ship. The cruiser is bug like
with
a small rounded head, a long neck boom, a "thorax" and an "abdomen". Two
engine pilons hold a round (classic Enterprise looking) engine nacelle.
The
escort ship has a body section, a boom and rounded bridge section, and
two
small engines hanging off one pilon each. The boxed set also includes a
pirate scout ship and a pirate cruiser. The cruiser is a classic rocket
shape with two "guns" attached on either side.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!] Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic (was Re: Off topic Rugby thing.)