Prev: GenCon Mailing List Game Review Next: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:29:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

At 06:07 PM 8/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>This is really GREAT information!!  Just out of curiosity, is there a
>"Galactic Governing Body" like an Empire, Federation, etc., etc. in the
>'Hammer's Slammers" universe?	If so, I assume they're as well armed as
>Hammer's boys.  And if this is true, do Hammer's Slammers ever mix it
up
>with them?

The closest I remember is the Bonding Authority. They essentially
regulate
the mercenaries in Drake's universe. If a mercenary unit breaks the
rules of
war, they lose their bond (and are essentially run out of business). I
seem
to remember that the Bonding Authority were involved in the
transportation
of the mercenaries in some way. I know there's a non-Slammer's story set
in
the universe that mentions an alien race that handles the FTL travel. I
got
the impression that the mercenary units could be easily shut down by
simply
refusing to move them from one planet to another. There are also pirates
in
Drake's universe. There's nothing like what you are looking for.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: GenCon Mailing List Game Review Next: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures