Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc. Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

From: J.Stephensen@f... (Jason Stephensen)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:54:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

>Actually, GW aka the Evil Empire (at least on this list) tried to do
the
>same thing, but with its aggressive release schedule,	a small group of

>games designers being responsible for a broad variety of games, and the

>sheer volume generated by their larger player base, it soon proved
>impossible.  A shame really, for that same aggressive release schedule
>occasionally leaves gaping holes in their rules and they need to
distribute
>clear, well-considered solutions and patches.	Too bad their house
organ
>fails in this regard.

I recall that on the space-marine list they asked us for ideas on the
new
epic97, and even claimed that they had taken ideas that the list had
already
chatted about. The trouble was after that we heard nothing back from
them,
and when the game came out it was such a disappointment to so many
people
that I know of who loved the previous game that they dropped it out. It
seems to me that unless the game is easilly power gamed the evil empire
dosen't support it.

They even admitted once that the groups they had on playtesting were
friendly players, and while they are the best type to actually play
against,
the power vampires out there are the ones that turn up at cons and
tournies
with every hole in the rules exploited to the max and spoil all the fun
of
the game. If they managed to playtest their games better then they might
not
be so hideous to play.

>Tom
>Tom + Dana McCarthy

		 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
		  "He dosen't know what he wants.
			  He's Insane"
		email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc. Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.