Prev: Re: gencon Next: Re: gencon

Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 19:36:41 -0400
Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

At 05:17 PM 7/31/97 +0100, you wrote:

>...What silent space combat ,ships 1000 of Kms apart and only seeing
laser
>shots if ypu are looking down the fire line !!
>....wow thats gona get _some_ ratings! ;-)

Well, a number of SF novels managed to do it while still being
interesting.
The Mote in Gods Eye did a good enough job without it looking like WW2
in
space. Unfortunately TV is still stuck with the idea that science
fiction =
space opera.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.