Prev: EAS Schwartzkopf in B5 Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

Ships on stands

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 10:22:24 -0400
Subject: Ships on stands

I drill a hole in the top of the stand (after cliping off the little
'tit')
just big enough for a piece of copper wire (or thick paper clip) and
drill
a matching hole in the metal ship model. I dry fit all this to check the
length of the metal rod, then put a drop of super glue on one part or
the
other, push the rod home then put the third part on (depends on size,
ballance etc which is which) - capilary action does the rest, sucking
the
super glue into both holes. A short wait and the whole thing is
together.
If it is a bit off line I can generally bend the joint and dab glue on
if
the original bond breaks.

You do have to be a bit careful with the plastic bases when drilling,
especially the new round "other company"  brand bases as their new
plastic
seems to have a lower melting point. The ones I wreck have variously
become
fighter bases or grav vehicle bases for SG2.

Bruce S. R. Lee

Prev: EAS Schwartzkopf in B5 Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....