Prev: RE: Star Grunts II Squad Generation Point system [Long] Next: Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads

Re: Honor Harrington Question?

From: Michael Kwan <mkwan@p...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:06:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington Question?

At 01:14 PM 7/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>campbelr@pop3.kunsan.af.mil wrote:
>>
>> Actually, merchant and non-warships are spindle shaped, (narrowing
>> down to the Impeller rings) while warships are double ended hammer
>> heads, containing the bow and stern chaser armements.
>> (according to a conversation with Dave I remember)
>> Randy
>
>I will have to dig out the books, (I don't have them here) with regards
>the passages I read describing the ships, but so far, this sounds like
what
>I've read.  (and this is to everyone commenting of HH ships, not just
Randy.)

<snip>

>Jeff Shoffner

Anyone interested in adapting the Honor Harrington series to FT
standards,
should probably check out "The Unofficial David Weber Fan Club" at:

http://lyre.mit.edu/~deering/weber.html

There's a great mass of info here about all of Weber's books, including
an
encyclopedia of info on the Honor Harrington universe.	Unfortunately,
there's not a single authoritative description of the ships like
everyone
involved in this discussion has been trying to hash out.  Apart from
that,
the page is still pretty good and informative.

Also, I finished HH7 _In Enemy Hands_ a couple of days ago.  Really good
book and very exciting.  But, I really hate cliff-hanger endings.  This
one
left you hanging in the middle exactly like _In Death Ground_ did.

Michael Kwan
mkwan@pipeline.com