Prev: A Web Page of SF miniatures... Next: Re: Honor Harrington Question?

RE: Star Grunts II Squad Generation Point system [Long]

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:38:15 -0400
Subject: RE: Star Grunts II Squad Generation Point system [Long]

Aside from some arguments you might get about exactly what multiplier
you should have for what level these look okay for someone who NEEDS a
point system.

However my CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is there dowsn't appear to be a
consideration for the leadership of the squad and perhaps the points
should reflect the Platoon organisation. Really, the majority of games
will be played at platoon level (ie multiple squads) and a Platoon
commander's one or two extra avtivations will make a significant
difference to the outcome of a game. In the same vein, if opposing
forces have roughly equal number of troops (nay, say exactly equal
number of troops) then the force with the more squads again has a
significant advantage - battlefield initiative.

Having said that, my compliments on a fine piece of work.

Owen Glover

Prev: A Web Page of SF miniatures... Next: Re: Honor Harrington Question?