Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: Re: FTL capable fighters

Re: FTL capable fighters

From: axe@k... (Tracy Hale)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 01:36:26 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters

> At 03:28 PM 7/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >FT3 notes?  What are these?	How do I get them?
>	What I meant was that in More Thrust we know a fighter is Mass
1.
> Therefore just do the cost for a Mass 1 vessel.

Not exactly. A six fighter group is mass 6, but that includes launch,
recover, and repair facilities. The fighters probably mass only about
half of 1 mass each.

On the other hand useing mass 1 for a guide point would represent the
idea that small FTL drives cost more to produce so actually cost
2 or more times what their tonnage would indicate.

It depends on background I guess. The launch/recover facilities on the
Galactica were 10-20 times the actual size of the fighters carried.
Compare that with B5 where the launch racks are not much more then
required to store the fighters.

What a wasted post.(IMHO)

"A place where life has no value but death sometimes has a price"

Tracy Hale
axe@knuth.mtsu.edu

Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: Re: FTL capable fighters