Prev: Re: PBeM: Nimrod Station Next: Re: FTL capable fighters

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: "Rutherford, Michael" <MRutherf@n...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 23:49:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

>How about we make one more change;  ADAFs and PDAFs work like the KV
>scatterguns, (ie always hit for 1-6 "kills" against fighters ONLY) and
allow
>fighters to move AFTER fleet movement.  That would take the sting out
of
>fighter squads, and allow the player better placement of this squads
against
>cap ships.   Hmmmm.....  maybe not quite balanced, but I think it's
getting
>there.....

Hmm. definately not balanced as, on average, it only requires 2 PDAFs to
wipe out a complete fighter group :-(

How's this for something vaguely radical... Discard *DAFs completely,
replace with the following:
"B" Batts can fire at half range at attacking fighter groups like a
PDAF.
"C" Batts can fire at half range at any fighter group in range like an
ADAF.

ie
"A" batts: anti-ship (12"/24"/36")
"B" batts: anti-ship (12"/24"), PDAF(6"/12")
"C" batts: anti-ship (12"), ADAF(6")

There, look two problems "solved" :-) Now there is a reason to take
something other than "A" batts, and *DAFs aren't wasted space in games
without fighters. Fighters stand a chance but ships can defend
themselves.

Michael "Wargh" Rutherfurd

Prev: Re: PBeM: Nimrod Station Next: Re: FTL capable fighters