Prev: Re: Manufacturer's minutae (sp?) Next: Re: Smaller Nations' ship and fleet designs

Re: Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 10:25:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )

John Medway wrote:
>A quick survey: How many folks routinely, deliberately leave wasted
space in
>commonly used vehicles/ships in DS/FT, other than in obvious
cargo-hauling
>crap?

In FT, I usually use all available space for systems unless the ship
needs
to haul cargo.	Sometimes I will build a ship by selecting systems I
want to
use first, then determine the minimum hull size to carry them.	This
makes
it easier to model a particular ship or genre.	Allowing excess space to
account for certain ship designs is not a bad idea though.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Manufacturer's minutae (sp?) Next: Re: Smaller Nations' ship and fleet designs