Prev: Re: B5 Wars Mini Images on the Web! Next: Fw: Off topic - Babylon 5 Con in UK

Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:42:53 -0400
Subject: Re: resin vehicles - gluing & painting query(ies)

>Okay, so I finally have seen/located/*bought* some resin vehicles.
>The local games warehouse is finally now carrying them (woo!) and
>I'm now the proud owner of two (2) 25mm Wombat APCs.

But you can't go past the NAC Phalanx.

>Question is...what kinds of glues are best for these things? I toyed
>with getting one or two of the other vehicles, but they were in
>pieces parts, and...well...I'm not sure the best glue for them. The
>epoxy I use now is awesome stuff (when I get the mixture right) but
>is a mess and I can only do small quantities of minis at a time.

I used Epoxy on mine as it filled in the gaps between the halves that I
couldn't fix otherwise.  I also used Epoxy on any large parts and super
glue
on the smaller parts.

>Painting the resins. What's the best way to paint these guys? I have
>a couple of hexagonal pieces from the 'firebase' I picked up a while
>back (no assembly req'd :) and painted them...only to find the paint
>is now flecking away.	:-(  (okay, so I didn't put a top coat on...)

I clean the resins thoroughly in soapy water first, dry them and then
spray
prime them.  Then I spray paint on the base colour and build up the
detail
from there.

-Kelvin.....

      "Boy, Elizabethan pronouns still send a
	     tingle up the old spine!"
		  -The Tick
	 email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: B5 Wars Mini Images on the Web! Next: Fw: Off topic - Babylon 5 Con in UK