Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System Next: Re: FT Armor

Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

From: "Neil" <morg@i...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:01:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

Darryl Adams said:

Here is a quick point system (Based on DirtSide II) I did up last night
at
work. It should give reasonable figures.

What the point system wont do :

1: Buy troop quality. I disagree with this rule. Let the scenerio or
dumb
luck deermine this.

2: Cover all eventualities.

What I want in return.

<<SNIP>>

Just a quick point here in general I think the idea of having anything 0
point rated is a bad idea.  "I'll have 40,000 militia in battledress
armed
with a heavy auto pistol.  How much?  Well nothing actually."

Sorry to be a bit flippant but this whole subject of point values is a
bit
of a dead end isn't it.  They are only of use in tornament games surely.

Half the fiun is pitting unbalenced forces against each other.	If one
side
wins then trade armies and play it again.  See you even doubled your
fun.

Bye

Neil M

Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System Next: Re: FT Armor