Prev: Re: Under Fire DS2 Next: Re: Under Fire-DS2

Re: Missile Question

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 15:45:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Missile Question

Jon (GZG) wrote:
>Hmmm... interesting one (not thought about it before). Is it worth
losing
>one turn's worth of movement/endurance on the missile in order to make
>radical course change? Thoughts, anyone?

Yes.  The main defense against missiles for most is to speed up(usually
towards the missile) and veer away.  Typically, a missile player might
only
do a 180 about face if the enemy ships have passed or could pass the
missile
that turn.  About the only ships I don't have trouble with this is
thrust 2
behemoths, which accounts for very few ships in a game.  If the targeted
ship has better than thrust 2 capability, I usually fire missile salvos
account for the target ship's possible course changes, insuring at least
one
missile will hit.  This can be a pain when missiles are costly and few
in
availability.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Under Fire DS2 Next: Re: Under Fire-DS2