Prev: Re: Under Fire DS2 Next: Re: Missile Question

Re: Under Fire DS2

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 15:13:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Under Fire DS2

How about this: Roll a d6. Add Leader Rating (1,2,or 3)
	2-5 Each Element moves a random direction at 1/2 movement*. This
		will probably cause the unit to be disorganized.
	6-7 Unit moves random direction 1/2 movement*.
	8+  No effect
	* Movement will not be made into Prohibited terrain.

For random direction roll d6 and move:
		1
	    -----
	 6 /	 \ 2
	  /	  \	 *Please excuse bad ascii art*
	  \	  /
       5 \     / 3
	  -----
	    4
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

----------
> From: You're an annoying bunch...but you're cute. <KOCHTE@stsci.edu>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: Under Fire DS2
> Date: Friday, May 16, 1997 2:30 PM

> What about doing this: if a tank platoon comes under fire, you could
roll
> die. On a 1-2 it sits, 3-4 it retreats max, 5-6 runs forward (OR in
the
> direction of easiest terrain to traverse) at max.
>
> Alternatively, and I like this a bit better, when combined with Paul's
earlier
> msg attributing armor unit reactions to being under fire dependent on
troop
> quality: if an armor troop comes under fire, and it's reaction says
> MOVEITNOWDAMMIT!, pull out your trusty Course/Heading Circle from Full
Thrust!
> Roll a die (d12 in this case) and head that direction, max speed.
(would