Prev: Re: Missile Question Next: Re: Missile Question

Re: Under Fire-DS2

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 16:00:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Under Fire-DS2

At 04:24 PM 5/15/97 -0700, Paul J. Calvi Jr. wrote:
>In DS2, a unit with an UNDER FIRE marker has to roll if it wants to
move.
>While this is great for infantry units who want to do nothing but find
>deeper hole when they're getting shot at it, it is dead wrong for
tankers.
>When vehicles are fired on they MOVE...FAST! Depending on the situation
>(type of opposing enemy, terrain, current orders, etc.) a unit under
fire
>would either backup, advance FAST, or seek nearby concealment. So, how
>about have DS2 vehicles with an UNDER FIRE marker REQUIRED to move? If
they
>fail their Reaction test they must backup, otherwise they must move at
top
>speed.
	There should be a disadvantage to the tankers.	I think that a
Tank
unit, under fire that fails a leadership roll must move away from the
enemy
at full speed, therefore not able to return fire.  They then can
reorganize
and then engage the enemy.  Patton used this psychology to defeat
Germans
who had better tanks than his own.

Prev: Re: Missile Question Next: Re: Missile Question